Monday, October 30, 2006

My first Deep stack win

This is the first time I win being deep stacked at Pokerstars, had some few loses being deep stacked, but this is the first win.
Is a hand of Aces against Kings, but this hands do not have to end on both players all in if they are played straight forward.
Yesterday I had a similar hand, I was deep stacked and with QQ I lead with a raise of 5BB, deep stack raised to 15BB (effective stack was around $150), and a 100BB stack raised to 45BB, so I folded my Queens, and the deep stack folded his Kings (that's what I tought was happening before folding, Aces against Kings against Queens). The deep stack later confirmed he had Kings.
So if the hands are played straight forward, the hand can end before the flop.
Now the first deep stack win.


PokerStars Game #6831940659 No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50/$1.00 (7 handed), 2006/10/30 - 18:31:50 (ET) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

MP1 ($55.90)
MP2 ($96.75)
CO ($173.80)
Button ($106.05)
SB ($22.90)
BB ($60)
UTGA ($201.10)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Ac, Ah.

Hero calls $1

Here I flat call being first to act with AA, praying for someone to raise me.

2 folds, CO raises to $4, 2 folds, BB calls $3

Cool, I not only get raised, I get raised by the other big stack and get a caller also.

UTGA raises to $9,

I think that at the time I thought that we was strong, so I min raised so he thinks that I want to get tricky with a dangerous but not strong hand.

CO raises to $25, BB calls $21

Wow, he not only has a hand, he has a monster. At the time I was sure he had Kings, so thought for a few seconds, making time but also planning how to play the hand.
The effective stack is $160, so he raised me $16, that's the exact ammount I should had raised and he did it for me.
So having narrowed his hand to KK 95%% and QQ 5%, I flat call and decide to lead on the flop.


Hero calls $16.

Flop: ($75.50) 3d, 5h, 9s (3 players)

My magic flop, I'm playing only against the big stack, in order to stack him.

BB checks, UTGA bets $25,

This is the min raise I avoided to do before the flop, so I lead with this. Pot has already $75, I'm waiting for a push or to lead again with like 50 on the turn and $75 on the river (all in).

CO raises to $148.8, BB folds

His cards are wide open now, he has Kings 100%, and I iave him exactly where I wanted him to be. I even said to him before calling, "sorry, Aces".

Hero calls $123.80.

Turn: ($373.10) 5d (2 players)
River: ($373.10) Jh (2 players)

Final Pot: $373.10

Results:
Hero has Ac Ah (two pair, aces and fives).
CO has Ks Kh (two pair, kings and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins $373.10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home