Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I hit a straight flush today !!!

The roll of unbelivable hands keeps going. Today, three days after hitting the Royal, I hitted a straight flush on the turn using my two hole cards, and had time to capture the screen of it.
Sidselpig was betting on the hand and he says he had the diamond flush with his Ad, but folded to my bet on the river. I really don't buy it, but if this was true, it was an amazing fold by him.
I'm unhappy with the way I played the hand, for the following reasons:
* On the Flop, I had a small flush, so I bet $5, he raised to $10. At this point I remember having said to my self "I have to know where I stand", as I was scary he could had a higher flush. I'm happy with this re-raise. I got just called.
* On the Turn I hit my magic card, giving me the straight flush and being first to act I chose to check in order to check-raise. The pot had already more than $40, so it was a considerable pot already and he should have interest on the big pot, one reason checking was bad there. I had already showed strenght with my bet and re-raise on the flop, another reason checking was bad there. My opponent had already showed he had a pretty good hand and he was willing to defend it by calling the $20 bet on the board, another reason. Board had 4dTd8d6d, and I had 5d7d, so he could be drawing to the Q high straight flush and I gave him a free card, another reason. Finally, I had only one more round to get money into the pot and only one player, last reason. So I think I should had bet the turn, perhaps $15 so he could get proper odds to chaise a possible flush draw, and also to lower the previous $20 bet so I don't show so much strenght and get called.


Game #1431124004: Hold'em NL ($0.50/$1) - 2006/01/17 - 16:13:19 (ET)
Table "Steelton" Seat 10 is the button.
Seat 1: Staffyman ($93.50 in chips)
Seat 2: mrdipper ($77 in chips)
Seat 3: Adrian20X ($112 in chips)
Seat 4: APK78 ($90.50 in chips)
Seat 5: paroar ($94.75 in chips)
Seat 6: Sidselpig ($127.72 in chips)
Seat 7: Sl1ckR1vr ($82.25 in chips)
Seat 8: pretty ($118.50 in chips)
Seat 10: headline ($57.25 in chips)
Staffyman: posts small blind $0.50
mrdipper: posts big blind $1
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Adrian20X [5d 7d]
Adrian20X: calls $1
APK78: folds
paroar: folds
Sidselpig: calls $1
Sl1ckR1vr: calls $1
pretty: folds
headline: calls $1
Staffyman: folds
mrdipper: checks
----- FLOP ----- [4d Td 8d]
mrdipper: checks
Adrian20X: bets $5
Sidselpig: raises to $10
Sl1ckR1vr: folds
Sl1ckR1vr sits out
headline: folds
mrdipper: folds
alyssa09 joins the table at seat #9
Adrian20X: raises to $20
Sl1ckR1vr sits back
Sidselpig: calls $10
----- TURN ----- [4d Td 8d][6d]
Adrian20X: checks
Sidselpig: checks
----- RIVER ----- [4d Td 8d 6d][Ks]
Adrian20X: bets $36
Sidselpig: folds
Returned uncalled bets $36 to Adrian20X
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Adrian20X: shows [5d 7d] (Straight Flush, Eight high)
Adrian20X collects $43.25 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $45.50 Main pot $43.25 Rake $2.25
Board [4d Td 8d 6d Ks]
Seat 1: Staffyman (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: mrdipper (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: Adrian20X showed [5d 7d] and won ($43.25) with Straight Flush, Eight high
Seat 4: APK78 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: paroar folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Sidselpig folded on the River
Seat 7: Sl1ckR1vr folded on the Flop
Seat 8: pretty folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 10: headline (button) folded on the Flop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home